Genuine COA, Invalid Product Key? RRS feed

• Question

• I am having problems with WGA - it has come up with an invalid product key error on my laptop. I followed Phil Liu's advice to check that the product key on my system matched the COA sticker (which it did) and reentered it (just to be sure) - still no change. Below is the clipboard readout for my system. What seems to be the problem?

Cheers,

NEil.

WGA Diagnostic Data (1.5.0530.2):
    --------------------
    Genuine Validation Status: Not Activated
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-MH36R-RDBFX-T86RQ
    Windows Product Key Hash: 8gX8SzdFGCTQSqKv098gD4owfiY=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-OEM-2243244-08841
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: COA/Sysem Builder
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    Download Center code: 774BPY9
    ID: 31e642a9-f6c2-4b9f-9357-a34f4c5aca48
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.532.0.
    Signature Type: Microsoft.
    Validation Diagnostic:

Scan: Complete
    Cryptography: Complete

Office Status: 114
    Office Diagnostics:

Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\PROGRA~1\FIREFOX\FIREFOX.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Prompt
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

Office Details: <GenuineResults>
    <MachineData>
    <UGUID>31e642a9-f6c2-4b9f-9357-a34f4c5aca48</UGUID>
    <Version>1.5.0530.2</Version>
    <OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS>
    <PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-T86RQ</PKey>
    <PID>55274-OEM-2243244-08841</PID>
    <PIDType>3</PIDType>
    <SID>S-1-5-21-1935655697-764733703-839522115</SID>
    <SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Sony Corporation</Manufacturer>
    <Model>PCG-Z1VCP(CN)</Model>
    </SYSTEM>
    <BIOS>
    <Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies LTD</Manufacturer>
    <Version>R0072G0</Version>
    <SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/>
    <Date>20031010000000.000000+000</Date>
    </BIOS>
    <HWID>2BF93707018400EC</HWID>
    <UserLCID>0809</UserLCID>
    <SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID>
    <TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone>
    </MachineData>     
    </GenuineResults> 

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:21 PM

Answers

• neil_mcd:

You may want to try calling in to get your Windows activated.  There should be an option to show the number to call in your area while in the activation screen.

Thanks,

Greg

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:06 PM

All replies

• You need to reactivate the laptop now that the Product Key has been changed. :)
    Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:34 PM
  • Hi Phil,
    I get the 'Activate Windows' option up and when i type in the COA code I get the message that the incorrect product key was used (Message: 45128).
    Suggestions?

NEil
    Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:03 PM
  • neil_mcd:

You may want to try calling in to get your Windows activated.  There should be an option to show the number to call in your area while in the activation screen.

Thanks,

Greg

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:06 PM
  •  

Why You, 'Micro' and  'Soft'  - guys,  are so...   (I'm missing the english words for   <in love with himself>   and   <knowing everything about everithing> ) ???

I'm browsing  in this forum because of having similar problems. And  I'm posting something, because I'm just out of my own skin...  We pay for the software as good as for the hardware (OEM - licenses), It's my second LEGAL OS, second laptop, with all holograms, stickers and so on... (and  the computer costs me a lot of my one-year-sallary)  And when something goes wrong (service, repairs, part changes) we are double and tripple times victims of the system! Every policies, guaranties are LIMITED, not including something , 'on your own risk' , without shipping, phone and...   but everithing costs REAL MONEY !!!

Why someone puts a  devilish smile after 'You need to reactivate the laptop ...'  ...

Our LapTops are pritty active, but MS-ACTIVATION- MAGIC  servs only to preserve MS incomes and their own sallarys,  friends! And to consider using an other OS is cinism!!! We almost like the OS, most of us dont like the Microsoft's way of speaking Big Words and then let the customers 'die' in front of the 'blue screen'... for lot of money, selfevident...

I suggest - all MS stuff and related people should  behave more... (another missing english word) ...'as trader with a customer'. On the other side stays the sentence, that the easyest way is to download from somewhere a pirate stuff, that works fine and never ask nothing... Speaking about the security holes, no-one knows what is more risky ...

But, lets stay on the right side of the river...  Let MS-people behave, and not tempt us to love the piracy.

Just treat us as VALUABLE CUSTOMERS, part of us are just users, payers, workers, but WE ARE CUSTOMERS !!!

Your KRKD , co-user, co-payer, and not MS  co-worker...  

P.S. The real problem is, that we, users-customers can't re-install our

pre-payd ("licensed") OS without big trouble and time loss and I, personally, expect

that Microsoft personal will spend some of their busy time to spare our time

and effort, because they are professionals, but uncle Bill pay them OUR money!

They must do so, that pirates become OUR enemies, now they are only

MS enemies an MS fight us becouse of their enemies...

This is the only mindfull sentence in my posting, I'm afraid...

Saturday, August 5, 2006 10:14 PM