Money Plus Deluxe sunset version - reporting problems RRS feed

• Question

• Have been using Money 98 for years and have built up a large database of transactions. Having recently upgraded to Windows 7 (64 bit) I managed to download Money 2004, then 2005 and finally Sunset version so I don't lose access to all that accumulated data.

The program is working fine and all the transaction data, bills, accounts set-up etc. are all there. I've also done a standard repair check which confirmed that there are no broken files in the original file.

However, I can't run any reports. Although the 'Monthly reports' load ok, whenever I try to look at 'Spending by Category' or 'Spending by Payee' I get a 'timer' pie chart for a few seconds then a message on screen that just says 'loading.' This stays there without producing any output. I think I have been patient and left it runnin glong enough, does anyone know if there are any known problems and fixes to this issue?

Thanks

Paul

Thursday, June 9, 2011 8:33 PM

All replies

• Try a standard repair level 1. That will reset reports, and delete any customized reports.

Also consider creating a new Windows user with Administrator privilege.

Copy your file to a USB flash drive that is formated int FAT32 format, and copy that to the Documents folder of the new user. Open the new copy.

The theory is that if the problem is an IE setting, you will get default settings for the new user.  If you succeed this way, it
    would accomplish the download, and it would point toward the reason the other did not work.  You can delete the new user later, and your regular IE settings will not have been changed.

Thursday, June 9, 2011 9:20 PM