How to read outlook mailbox and create corresponding e-mail activities in CRM RRS feed

• Question

• On premises CRM 2013 SP1:
    ------------------------
    current configuration for incoming and outgoing:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    all of the users in our organization use Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook as the incoming
    and The E-mail Router is used to send outgoing e-mail that users create in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

my requirement:
    -----------------
    We have a mailbox that sits on outlook 2013.
    Requirement is to read all email messages reaching this mailbox and then create corresponding e-mail activities in CRM.
    what are the possible solutions for this?

• Edited by Vasu100ind Friday, January 30, 2015 12:21 AM
    Friday, January 30, 2015 12:21 AM

Answers

• Create a Queue in CRM with the same email address as that Exchange mailbox.

Set that Queue's incoming mail option to "Email router".

Go to the Email Router, confirm that your incoming settings work, then load the CRM settings.  You should see that Queue as an incoming option. 

Validate and publish the Email Router settings with the updated Queue.

That will let CRM receive mail on that Exchange mailbox.   And if that mailbox is for a CRM user and not a generic mailbox, change the CRM settings on their User account instead of a Queue.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Proposed as answer by Wayne Walton Friday, January 30, 2015 3:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by Vasu100ind Thursday, February 5, 2015 3:01 AM
    Friday, January 30, 2015 3:34 PM
  • Thanks Wayne. I later found some related post but this is for CRM online. would this work for CRM on- premises as well?

http://www.tjopsta.net/2013/02/25/how-to-setup-automated-email-queues-with-microsoft-crm-online-and-office-365/

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 3:46 AM

All replies

• Create a Queue in CRM with the same email address as that Exchange mailbox.

Set that Queue's incoming mail option to "Email router".

Go to the Email Router, confirm that your incoming settings work, then load the CRM settings.  You should see that Queue as an incoming option. 

Validate and publish the Email Router settings with the updated Queue.

That will let CRM receive mail on that Exchange mailbox.   And if that mailbox is for a CRM user and not a generic mailbox, change the CRM settings on their User account instead of a Queue.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Proposed as answer by Wayne Walton Friday, January 30, 2015 3:34 PM
    Friday, January 30, 2015 3:34 PM
  • Thanks Wayne. I later found some related post but this is for CRM online. would this work for CRM on- premises as well?

http://www.tjopsta.net/2013/02/25/how-to-setup-automated-email-queues-with-microsoft-crm-online-and-office-365/

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 3:46 AM
  • Thanks Wayne. I am able to achieve the desired function based on the points you mentioned above, along with the steps outlined on the link above helped.

Steps slightly vary as we are using CRM on premises.

Thursday, February 5, 2015 3:01 AM