locked
CRM 2011 Rollup 10 - Account Name in Account Entity won't update RRS feed

  • Question

  • We applied Rollup 10 earlier this week and well things have been good so far until today when accounting was trying to change the Account Name.

    I have logged in as sysadmin and I still can't change it. I set the required level to no requirement and it still doesn't save. Every other field however I can update the information. I'm not sure where to look now. Any thoughts?

    Thanks!

    Friday, August 31, 2012 6:17 PM

Answers

  • I just tested this on an environment with RU10 applied and I could update the account name just fine. Does this problem occur with the Web client or Outlook client or both? do any error messages appear in the UI? do any error messages appear when looking at F12 developer tools? Do you have any plugins on the account entity?

    As a short term workaround, you could add a simple dialog to change the account name potentially.

    Rob


    Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (CRM) GAP Consulting Ltd Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011

    • Marked as answer by squiggly12 Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:57 PM
    Saturday, September 1, 2012 8:47 AM
    Answerer

All replies

  • A possibility anyway - maybe UR10 was a coincidence - by chance is there any scripting associated with the form? Something maybe calling .setSubmitMode("never") on the Account Name field?

    Jason Lattimer

    Friday, August 31, 2012 6:37 PM
    Moderator
  • That was a good thought, and I double checked just in case but there is no scripting that is happening on the name field itself.

    Oh, and while we can create new accounts just fine (the name carries through as it should) once you save and close and then try to edit the name from the account screen it doesn't update.

    I've tested this on our test system we applied rollup 10 to as well and the same thing happens.

    • Edited by squiggly12 Friday, August 31, 2012 7:00 PM
    Friday, August 31, 2012 6:47 PM
  • We are currently having this exact same problem with crm 2011 after doing rollup 10. Havn't found an answer yet tho.
    Friday, August 31, 2012 7:12 PM
  • I just tested this on an environment with RU10 applied and I could update the account name just fine. Does this problem occur with the Web client or Outlook client or both? do any error messages appear in the UI? do any error messages appear when looking at F12 developer tools? Do you have any plugins on the account entity?

    As a short term workaround, you could add a simple dialog to change the account name potentially.

    Rob


    Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (CRM) GAP Consulting Ltd Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011

    • Marked as answer by squiggly12 Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:57 PM
    Saturday, September 1, 2012 8:47 AM
    Answerer
  • Rob,

    Thanks for replying. There are no errors thrown at all. After typing in the account name field it's as if the Save button is disabled. However if I'm in any other field clicking save works just fine.

    Thanks!

    Tuesday, September 4, 2012 5:56 PM
  • Hi,

    I'm definitely not getting the same behaviour as you on a RU10 environment. I think the best course of action is to create a support ticket with Microsoft

    Rob


    Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (CRM) GAP Consulting Ltd Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011

    Tuesday, September 4, 2012 7:39 PM
    Answerer
  • Rob,

    Yeah, I'll be putting in a ticket sometime this week. I just created a dialog like you said that took single line of text and just updated that account record.

    Thanks for trying to help though!

    Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:57 PM