Project Server 2010: Determine Project Site URL for reporting parameters RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

though it has somehow to do with SharePoint it still is a problem I try to solve for Project Sites, so hopefully I'm right here.

In our PWA we have some custom fields (with lookup tables) used for the project manager to indicate the status (scope, time, cost, overall) of his project manually (no calculation with project fields).

Now we wanted to display on each Project Site on the homepage a webpart which shows the information of this fields with a traffic light. I therefore used Reporting Services and developed a report reading from the Reporting db the information in the fields and displaying the correct traffic lights.

Now the tricky part for me: on each Project Site I have to determine which project this site belongs to so I can get the information for exactly this project. The Project Site URL can be used to match in the database, but how can I get it filled in as a parameter automatically (or the ProjectUID)?
    At the moment I have a workaround: I have a SharePoint list on each Project Site which contains the ProjectUID and then I put a SharePoint List Filter on the homepage and made a connection to my Reporting Services WebPart. But I have to choose the ProjectUID in the filter manually and everytime I reload the page I have to go over it again - so the Report is not displayed automatically and thats not nice :-(

By the way - programming is not an option. I need to do it all with standard on-board means.
    Could you point me in the right direction? This shouldn't be too difficult but I just can't figure it out.

Thanks,

Gáski

Thursday, April 7, 2011 8:33 AM

Answers

All replies