Process Required to Merge Duplicate Accounts including Associated Records(Opp,Leads,Contact & Activities) into One. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Frieds,

We have more 4000+ records with Duplicate Account names and we need to merge those into one, I need a Process Required to Merge Duplicate Accounts including Associated Records(Opp,Leads,Contact & Activities) into One. 

Note: There is already a Merge form in CRM while selecting two duplicate or same accounts but it can only merge the Account information only not the Records Associated to it.

We are currently using Dynamic CRM 2013.

If any could help me with this would be much thankful to them.

• Edited by onlykrish4u Monday, December 23, 2013 6:30 AM
    Monday, December 23, 2013 6:21 AM

All replies

• This is not true.

When you merge accounts using the build in merge functionality, it will move the associated records on those accounts, to the "surviving account".

Test it.

Rune Daub Senior Consultant - Dynateam CRM http://www.xrmmanagement.com

• Proposed as answer by RuneDaub Monday, December 23, 2013 8:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by onlykrish4u Monday, December 23, 2013 8:53 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by onlykrish4u Monday, December 23, 2013 9:35 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by onlykrish4u Monday, December 23, 2013 9:45 AM
    Monday, December 23, 2013 8:30 AM
  • We have configured CRM on premises and its not working.

Its not working i have tried it to merge the first Account with second account and the second account is getting deactivate but the associated records are not added into the one which we are trying to merge.

Monday, December 23, 2013 9:39 AM
  • We have configured CRM on premises and its not working.

Its not working i have tried it to merge the first Account with second account and the second account is getting deactivate but the associated records are not added into the one which we are trying to merge.

I have the same problem with MS CRM 2013 while trying to merge contacts.

In the 2011 version I remember that I could merge and copy all activities without the campaign activity.

Now, the CRM doesn't copy any activity.

• Edited by ateam Monday, December 23, 2013 1:47 PM
    Monday, December 23, 2013 1:10 PM