none
No Windows 10 choice at the top of the page!

Question

• If you go to Ask a question or start a discussion for Windows forums, you will not see a selection at the top of the page for Windows 10 and as a result people who go to this page select one of the categories at the top of the page instead of going through the long list for Forum Category.

I would think Microsoft would want to make it easier for people to get to the correct forum!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/newthread?prof=required does not have an option for any Windows 10 forums and as a result people wanting assistance with Windows 10 cannot select the appropriate forum category.

Windows 10 has been public for over 6 months now!!  When will the forums choices be updated to give users a choice to go to the Windows 10 forums?

Friday, January 8, 2016 6:20 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I clicked the link you provided and have no problem finding forums for Windows 10:

If you are looking for consumer forums, they are on the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.As the Microsoft

<Edit> If you mean that the banner does not show Windows 10, you are correct, but clicking any of the versions does not allow you to ask a question about that version. All it does is bring you to the product page.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, January 8, 2016 9:42 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I clicked the link you provided and have no problem finding forums for Windows 10:

If you are looking for consumer forums, they are on the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.As the Microsoft

<Edit> If you mean that the banner does not show Windows 10, you are correct, but clicking any of the versions does not allow you to ask a question about that version. All it does is bring you to the product page.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, January 8, 2016 9:42 PM
  • Yes, but you have to search for the Windows 10 forums and based on a number of Windows 10 questions being posted in the other forums I would suspect not everyone is taking the time to go throught the lengthly list to find Windows 10.

So, why not make it easier on those that want to go to a Windows 10 forum and put a link at the top of the page for Windows 10 ?  Is that asking too much? 

Saturday, January 9, 2016 5:28 PM
  • Yes, but you have to search for the Windows 10 forums and based on a number of Windows 10 questions being posted in the other forums I would suspect not everyone is taking the time to go throught the lengthly list to find Windows 10.

So, why not make it easier on those that want to go to a Windows 10 forum and put a link at the top of the page for Windows 10 ?  Is that asking too much? 

Well, as I mentioned, the provided links are not to forums, but to the product page.

Think about it - if they provided a link on the top of the page JUST for every category of forums, the page would be overloaded with links. Ignoring the Moderator forums, the "Using Forums" forums, and the Archived forums, I count 72 categories of forums on the TechNet branded forums.

Karl

Monday, January 11, 2016 4:37 PM