Need help in configuring IFDSettings from C# RRS feed

• Question

• hey can any one help me here...

after configuring the CRM Server for Claims based Authentication, im running the follwing code for IFD Settings ..  it executes and adds all the urls except for  the external url and after i run this command im not even able to manually enter the external url since the "next" button is disabled.. am i missing any thing?? can any one give me  a working code of this thing??

IfdSettings ifdSettings = new IfdSettings();
                    ifdSettings.Enabled = true;
                    ifdSettings.IntranetAccessEnabled = true;
                    ifdSettings.WebApplicationRootDomain = "" + shortDomain + ":444";
                    ifdSettings.OrganizationWebServiceRootDomain = "" + shortDomain + ":444";
                    ifdSettings.DiscoveryWebServiceRootDomain = "" + shortHostName + "dev." + shortDomain + ":444";
                    ifdSettings.ExternalDomain = "" + shortHostName + "auth." + shortDomain + ":444";
                    service.Update(ifdSettings);
    Friday, January 4, 2013 8:47 AM

Answers

• What values are you using for the shortHostName?  At first glance it seems like you may be incorrectly using that string in your concatenations...

• Marked as answer by SyedHaroon Wednesday, January 9, 2013 12:32 PM
    Friday, January 4, 2013 7:17 PM
  • Solved it!!

actually when passing the external domain url  we need to start with https:// , unlike others which directly start with hostname.domain.com

this thing is nowhere documented on the internet, atleast i didnt find it. 

Hope this helps others.

• Marked as answer by SyedHaroon Wednesday, January 9, 2013 12:31 PM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 12:31 PM

All replies

• What values are you using for the shortHostName?  At first glance it seems like you may be incorrectly using that string in your concatenations...

• Marked as answer by SyedHaroon Wednesday, January 9, 2013 12:32 PM
    Friday, January 4, 2013 7:17 PM
  • shortdomain == xxxx.com

shorthost= xxxx(hostname of the computer)

Saturday, January 5, 2013 6:18 AM
  • Solved it!!

actually when passing the external domain url  we need to start with https:// , unlike others which directly start with hostname.domain.com

this thing is nowhere documented on the internet, atleast i didnt find it. 

Hope this helps others.

• Marked as answer by SyedHaroon Wednesday, January 9, 2013 12:31 PM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 12:31 PM