Password problems RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to add a laptop to my homeserver. The laptop is available on the network, it works perfectly. When I try to install the connector software, all goes well until it asks for the password for the server, it then complains that the password is not correct. I can login to the server using any other computer on my network, no problems. I've used the password reset (rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr), but it still does not show the correct password and it unistalls itself. Never had this problem before.

The laptop is a Dell Precision M90.running Windows 7. I've tried it on wired and wireless, but no luck.

Cruise

Thursday, October 21, 2010 4:31 PM

Answers

• Check the time and time zone on the server and the laptop. Make sure they match.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by cruiseman70 Saturday, November 6, 2010 8:07 PM
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 4:54 PM
  • Found the toolkit and it won't install on Win 7 64bit and still don't have a solution to the problem.

Cruise

• Marked as answer by cruiseman70 Thursday, November 4, 2010 5:54 PM
    Saturday, October 23, 2010 4:22 PM

All replies

• Check the time and time zone on the server and the laptop. Make sure they match.
    • Marked as answer by cruiseman70 Saturday, November 6, 2010 8:07 PM
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 4:54 PM

Forgot to mention that, but both are on the same time.
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:09 PM
  • Hi,

Is this Windows 7 32 or 64 bit?
    Did you try running the Windows Home Server toolkit?

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:54 PM
  • It's Win 7 64 bit. No, I haven't tried the WHS toolkit. Can you tell me where I can find it? Not to make excuses, but am recovering from bypass surgery, and cannot remember where that file is or where it can be downloaded.

Cruise

Thursday, October 21, 2010 10:03 PM
  • Found the toolkit and it won't install on Win 7 64bit and still don't have a solution to the problem.

Cruise

• Marked as answer by cruiseman70 Thursday, November 4, 2010 5:54 PM
    Saturday, October 23, 2010 4:22 PM
  • Resolved. Had to reset the time and date on both the pc and server. After saving to a different time/date on both, reset to the correct time/date. Restarted both land suddenly, the connector software installed and is now backing up daily as it should.

Guess I should have tried this earlier, but you would think that when they match, they should match.

Cruise

Saturday, November 6, 2010 8:06 PM