Changing User Passwords through CRM RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Friends,
                       Theirs a small problem i'm facing , i searched on the net but coud'nt find any solution for the same.
    I've implimented CRM 3 and all the functionalities are well configured & running smoothly

But my users want that, they should be able to change their user id's, password from CRM itself insted of going to AD admin and asking him to do it.

Is their any internal option available which i'm not aware of or if I have to create a custom solution can you guys guidem me as to what are the steps to impliment the same or any Docs or links that can  show me the way...

Thanks  in advance...

regards,
    Rohan Wadiwala
    Friday, May 9, 2008 10:00 AM

Answers

• Rohan,

It's not possible and not a good idea for user changing their AD pwd.

Cheers,

Jim

Friday, May 9, 2008 1:17 PM
  • Are these users logging in through the domain?  if so, they would change their password through windows login (based on your password policy).  There is no way to do it through CRM.

Saturday, May 10, 2008 11:22 AM

All replies

• Rohan,

It's not possible and not a good idea for user changing their AD pwd.

Cheers,

Jim

Friday, May 9, 2008 1:17 PM
  • Are these users logging in through the domain?  if so, they would change their password through windows login (based on your password policy).  There is no way to do it through CRM.

Saturday, May 10, 2008 11:22 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Jim...
    appriciate it ...... Cheerz !
    Monday, May 12, 2008 3:02 AM
  • Thanks Joel,
    Actually there are some of my Sales personnels who are always on the move thoe they access CRM using the domain, they physically never Log-In to the domain. Thats why I was trying to find solution via. CRM itself , because our AD passwords gets expeired every 1 month so for the sales personnel its bit inconvinient.

Is there any way(ie.. utility or tool, eccept for RemoteDesktop) by which they can just get a log-in screen of windows with very few or minimal resources so atleast they can reset the password... ??

Thanks again,
    regards,
    Rohan Wadiwala..
    Monday, May 12, 2008 3:07 AM
  • I've seen it done via a SharePoint site.  There are several third party solutions that cost money, here's one that is a free solution:

http://glorix.blogspot.com/2007/10/ad-change-password-webpart.html

I haven't tried any of them, so I cannot vouch for their effectiveness.

Monday, May 12, 2008 3:46 AM