Restored my Laptop to its factory settings an now can't boot windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Help!!  This laptop has been giving me issues or the past 3 months.  It is a Gateway AMD Athlon Dual Core M300.  This would've been my second time restoring it to it's factory settings.   It's acknowledging that windows 7 is suppose to be the operating  system but is saying the pc doesn't have one, and that I need to insert the disc to repair it. Well it didn't come with a disc...  Holding down F8 isn't giving me any options regarding repair, and nothing happens when I hold down F11.  It will start Windows but only gets as far as "preparing to set up my computer for it's first use". Nothing after that.  Is there anything I can do or do I need to call the geek squad?

Thursday, August 19, 2010 1:06 PM

Answers

• Dear customer,

Thank you for using Windows 7. Sorry to hear about the problem you encountered. To better assist you with your issue, please try reposting your Windows 7 install question to the Windows 7 install forum on Microsoft Answers at http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/threads?filter=answered. Please kindly note that the Microsoft Fix it Center forum is limited to questions and discussions regarding the Fix it Center tool.

It sounds like the copy of Windows 7 you have is pre-loaded onto your computer. It may be under warranty from the computer manufacturer or the reseller. They may be able to offer you support as well.

Regards

Daniel Chow
    Sr. Software Development Engineer
    Product Quality and Online

This email is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, September 4, 2010 2:13 AM