unable to contact the telephone support service i am paying for RRS feed

• Question

•  

Why does onecare advertise they provide telephone support help and yet when there is a need to contact them there is no information furnished on onecare site about how to contact a telephone support service ---I did it once before sometime ago---have things changed?

Is the the ONLY support service available?  submit a question and then wait a day before a new question is posed back to you. --- this could take a LOOONG time to fix anything ----

Sunday, August 17, 2008 2:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• If you follow the support flow and are signed in with the Live ID used to subscribe to One Care you should reach the support phone number. While it should be a more simple process you can reach phone support with about five mouse clicks. Contacting support FAQs - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Sunday, August 17, 2008 3:30 PM
  •  dph123 wrote:

Why does onecare advertise they provide telephone support help and yet when there is a need to contact them there is no information furnished on onecare site about how to contact a telephone support service ---I did it once before sometime ago---have things changed?

Is the the ONLY support service available?  submit a question and then wait a day before a new question is posed back to you. --- this could take a LOOONG time to fix anything ----

Did you ever review the answer (and questions I posed to you) in your original post from over a month ago?

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3596502&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, August 18, 2008 3:13 PM
  • Can someone please help me! Onecare was installed on my laptop when I purchased it - I acitivated it and paid the subsription. However when the computer runs Tuneup it gets 90% through the defrag then just freezes.  It stays like that for hours, Alt Ctrl Del won't work and I have to power off to restart - everything else just stops working. I have tried contcting Onecare support as suggested on all these forums many many times and I get right to the end and it keeps coming back with - "could not create support log - please try again later". Is there any other way of contacting them by phone or otherwise as doing it via the Windows Live Help just isn't working. Please please please can someone help? Thanks
    Monday, June 22, 2009 1:37 AM
  • Can someone please help me! Onecare was installed on my laptop when I purchased it - I acitivated it and paid the subsription. However when the computer runs Tuneup it gets 90% through the defrag then just freezes.  It stays like that for hours, Alt Ctrl Del won't work and I have to power off to restart - everything else just stops working. I have tried contcting Onecare support as suggested on all these forums many many times and I get right to the end and it keeps coming back with - "could not create support log - please try again later". Is there any other way of contacting them by phone or otherwise as doing it via the Windows Live Help just isn't working. Please please please can someone help? Thanks

If your subscription can't be validated to provide you with your other options, you can use the trial user option and select the option that the problem is happening on another PC, that way the process won't try to attach files.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste this link:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/2e00e0f4-8141-40b2-96fa-f0a9b2bf8b57
    I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

If you don't get an email response from me wthin 24 hours, post back as my email provider is getting more aggressive with the spam filtering.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, June 22, 2009 1:57 PM