Upgrading a Server Network General Q&A RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to get a server network upgraded from a weird combination of Novell, Windows Server 2003, and a DOS-based Clipper db program written back in '89 that's tied into the network to something more up to date.  The info needed is a recommendation on a server set up (recommended software like MS Server or MS SQL Server--not sure of the difference-- and any paperwork involved in the EULA for 7 buildings on that software, and a basic overview of recommendations.  Want to get the relevant facts and expense info before presenting this to the bosses.

Tried asking in the Project Server forum (it's a project regarding a server....) and got my chops busted for wrong category.  As per usual they simply told me wrong category, and didn't mention the correct one.  Any advice on where to post such a question? Thanks in advance!

May the fleas of a thousand camels feast happily on the lower regions of your enemies. And may their arms be too short to scratch!
    Saturday, March 5, 2011 6:18 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in one of the (Windows Client TechCenter > Windows 7 IT Pro Forums > Windows 7 Networking > Windows live messenger connection problem in windows 7) located here:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itpronetworking/threads.

Hope that helps!

Have a great day!

PRADEEP THORAT

Tier 2 Application Support

Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team

• Marked as answer by psifreak Monday, March 7, 2011 9:02 PM
    Monday, March 7, 2011 5:46 AM