Which drive has the OS on it? RRS feed

• Question

• I have two drives in my server at the moment. 1off 80G and 1off 500G. When I installed WHS I thought I put the OS on the 80G. Now I'm not so sure. When I look at the drive status through the console I see that the 500G has a windows logo (the flag) shown against it. Does this mean OS or data?

When I get to install the RC1 version I want to ensure that it goes on the 80gig drive. At some point in the near future I will be adding a second 500G and allow duplication, hence the 80G for OS.

Thanks for any advice.

Simon

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 10:33 PM

Answers

• With the RC build, the size of the OS partition will be changing to 20 GB.  And the Windows Home Server OS is installed on the drive that has the Windows Flag displayed above the icon on the Windows Home Server Console - Server Storage tab.
    Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:21 PM

All replies

• The first drive (drive 0) will get a 10G partition that has the OS. The remainder of the drives will be combined into a logical volume, D:\.

You should always put the larger drive as drive 0, and use the smaller for the secondary drives.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 10:37 PM
  • With the RC build, the size of the OS partition will be changing to 20 GB.  And the Windows Home Server OS is installed on the drive that has the Windows Flag displayed above the icon on the Windows Home Server Console - Server Storage tab.
    Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:21 PM