HP wireless and Firewall RRS feed

• Question

•  

I can not scan over a wireless network with a HP C6180. It will work if I turn off the firewall and anti virus in OneCare. HP directs to add 7 trusted HP Files files, and add 3 TCP ports and 3 UDP ports in OneCare,  then turn off the router, printer/scanner, then computer. It still it will not work, unless I go in and manually turn off the FW & AV. As it does work when the FW/AV are turned off HP say it is a OneCare issue. Help! 

Below are the directions which I have followed:

Solution two: Check the firewall settings

If your firewall program was disabled during the installation of the product software over the network, once the firewall was re-enabled it may be blocking HP programs or ports required for scanning. If you see pop-up screens asking you to permit access to the network when you attempt to scan, you should permit access.
    NOTE: Firewall programs may also block the scanning operation even if they were enabled during installation of the product's software and does not always provide pop-up screens when blocking access.
    Follow Step one to allow access to HP program files and ports needed for scanning that the firewall may be blocking.
    Step one: Add programs to the firewall exception list
    1. Open the firewall program.
    2. Add the following files to the Highly Trusted programs list:
      • hpqkygrp.exe , located in the C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin directory.
      • hpqscnvw.exe , located in the C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin directory.
      • hpzipm12.exe , located in the C:\windows\system32 directory.
      • hpzinw12.exe , located in the C:\windows\system32 directory.
      • hpqtra08.exe , located in the C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin directory.
      • hpqthb08.exe , located in the C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin directory.
      NOTE: Not all of these files will be present on your computer.
    3. If all of these executable files are already added, then check whether full access has been granted to them.
    4. Open the following ports on your firewall utility by following the instructions provided by the manufacturer:
      • UDP ports: 161, 427 and 137
      • TCP ports: 9220, 9500 and 9290
    Step two: Restart devices on the network
    After making the changes to your firewall application, shut down the product, the computer you made the firewall changes on and your router and then turn on these devices in the following order:
    1. Router
    2. HP product
    3. Computer
    Saturday, February 23, 2008 5:31 PM

Answers