none
Feedback on Answered Questions RRS feed

• Question

• Let's say hypothetically that you post a question and you get several responses. After a while, you find the solution. Is there a way to change your question from unanswered to an answered question? That will prevent people from continuing responding to the thread.

"There's a time and place for that. The time is... Never. You can figure out the place on your own".

• Edited by esteban2800 Friday, March 19, 2010 2:39 PM more feedback
    Friday, March 19, 2010 2:38 PM

Answers

• I would recommend doing this by replying to your question with the details of where you found the answer. Then you can go back and mark that post as the answer.

Not only will doing this allow other people that come across your question to see what the answer was, but it will accomplish your goal.

• Marked as answer by esteban2800 Friday, March 19, 2010 3:28 PM
    Friday, March 19, 2010 3:08 PM
  • Will do. Thanks!
    "There's a time and place for that. The time is... Never. You can figure out the place on your own".
    Friday, March 19, 2010 3:28 PM

All replies

• I would recommend doing this by replying to your question with the details of where you found the answer. Then you can go back and mark that post as the answer.

Not only will doing this allow other people that come across your question to see what the answer was, but it will accomplish your goal.

Friday, March 19, 2010 3:08 PM
  • Will do. Thanks!
    Friday, March 19, 2010 3:28 PM
  • I agree absolutely. If the solution is found, you need to post it not only for you, but for other readers of this thread as well.
    Premature optimization is the root of all evil in programming. (c) by Donald Knuth

Naomi Nosonovsky, Sr. Programmer-Analyst

My blog
    Friday, March 19, 2010 3:45 PM