Is there a windows internals certification planned based on the 6th edition of Mark Russinovich's Windows Internals RRS feed

• Question

• The current windows internal's exam is based on 5th edition which was written against Vista. Since both parts of of 6th edition are out, which are now out of date. What are the plans to update this exam? What will the upgrade path be?
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I'm not aware of a newer exam and have nothing heart that a new version will be released. You should follow the Born to Learn blog for updates on this topic.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Monday, January 28, 2013 10:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Monday, January 28, 2013 10:25 PM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 9:28 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• I am also interested in the development of these kind of certifications.

Although im afraid that MS might retire it since I guess it is not widely used out there...

Please Vote as helpful if you find this useful. Thanks!

Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:50 PM
  • If you are interested in Windows Internals. Myself and two others are participating in a Windows internals Study group. We have a google group. We meet on a weekly google hangout.

Thursday, January 10, 2013 3:23 PM
  • Hi,

I'm not aware of a newer exam and have nothing heart that a new version will be released. You should follow the Born to Learn blog for updates on this topic.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Monday, January 28, 2013 10:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Monday, January 28, 2013 10:25 PM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 9:28 PM
    Answerer