Moving records from Active View to Custom View RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I am working in ms crm 4.0. I need to know, is it possible to change the records to new state.

For example,

For a single entity name "Test"

Based on the picklist selected, the corresponding records will move to new view(custom view) but not be deactivated.

1. I am having 25 active view records in Test entity.

2. If the picklist value is "Inprogress" , then the records which are having "Inprogres" want to move to new custom view

3. And the move records should not be in the Active Records view

Its like changing the state with new state.Is it possible to do this in CRM. Please suggest me.

Regards

ARUN

Thursday, June 3, 2010 12:16 PM

Answers

• A view is not a container.  It is a filter.  The record does not "move" from one to another.  The view either displays it or it doesn't.  The solution, as described, is to corrupt the definition of Active by changing the query that constitutes the Active view.

A more thorough alternative is to create separate views for each of the new status values, leave the active view as is (so it still exists for administration) and change the default view from the active to which ever of the new views you would like to default to.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, June 3, 2010 7:53 PM
    Thursday, June 3, 2010 4:19 PM
  • As  i said,  you have  to properly edit the  filter criteria  and  you can  achieve  what you want.

Just use the  picklist with  proper values in  "Active Views" as described above.

Muhammad Ali Khan
    http://malikhan.wordpress.com
    Thursday, June 3, 2010 1:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If it is a custom  entity,  you can change  the Filter  criteria of the "Active View".

Go  to  settings==>customization==> customize  entities==> open your entity==> forms & views==> open Active Views.

here click  on  the "Edit Filter Criteria" on the rgiht and include your picklist condition  and  include Picklist  equals "InProgress" in filter  critera.

For your other  View,  you can create a new View from "Advanced Find",  include what  conditions you want in this view.

Muhammad Ali Khan
    Thursday, June 3, 2010 12:23 PM
  • Yes possible. Create any number of custom view based on you picklist vales.

For example create new view

1. Settings --> Customization --> customise Entity --> Test Entity --> forms & views
    2. Create new View named "Custom - Inprogress"
    3. Configure filter criteria as Picklist = Inprogress
    4. Save and publish

Automatically when the picklist value of the records in active view is changed to inprogress and saved it will be moved to "Custom - Inprogress" view

Thursday, June 3, 2010 12:23 PM
  • Hi Vinoth,

Thank you for your quick reply.  My requirement is

1. The record which have the picklist value "In Progress" will move to Custom view. Also this records won't be displayed in Active records.

Example, if we deactivate the record, then it will move to "Deactive records view". So if we see in the active records view, it wont be there. Like this i need to display.

Regards

Arun

Thursday, June 3, 2010 12:34 PM
  • As  i said,  you have  to properly edit the  filter criteria  and  you can  achieve  what you want.

Just use the  picklist with  proper values in  "Active Views" as described above.

Muhammad Ali Khan
    Thursday, June 3, 2010 1:16 PM
  • Hi Muhammad,

Thank you very much. I got the solution.

Regards

Arun

Thursday, June 3, 2010 1:24 PM
  • hi.Arun Prasanth,  

can you post your solution?

i face the same problem.

Thursday, June 3, 2010 2:28 PM
  • A view is not a container.  It is a filter.  The record does not "move" from one to another.  The view either displays it or it doesn't.  The solution, as described, is to corrupt the definition of Active by changing the query that constitutes the Active view.

A more thorough alternative is to create separate views for each of the new status values, leave the active view as is (so it still exists for administration) and change the default view from the active to which ever of the new views you would like to default to.

Thursday, June 3, 2010 4:19 PM
  • Hi,

The following is the solution.

1. Go to Settings-->Customization-->Customize Entities-->Entity name-->Forms and Views-->Active Entity-->Edit Filter Criteria-->Clear the default filter(ie. Status equals Active).

2. Add new filter as you need(i added dropdown filter).

Regards

Arun

Monday, June 7, 2010 4:28 AM