Do you play Spore? Tip on using Live Mesh to continue saved Spore game from any computer RRS feed

• General discussion

• In the last few days I've been playing Spore - an amazing game from EA (Electronic Arts).  I had this idea of using Live Mesh so I could pick up a saved Spore game on my laptop and continue playing on my desktop.  This functionality is not available in Spore, but once I added a couple of Spore folders to Live Mesh, it worked like a charm!

For more details, check out:

http://blog.ehuna.org/2008/09/continue_playing_saved_spore_g.html
      (I also have a screencast that covers using Portable Apps with Live Mesh)

Good times!

Monday, September 29, 2008 4:05 AM

All replies

• This may be the best non-obvious use of Live Mesh I've seen so far!
    Monday, September 29, 2008 11:29 PM
  • Thanks for the compliment GuyWithDogs - I'm pretty psyched with Live Mesh and I'm finding cool ways to use it every week.   See for example my screencast on how to use Live Mesh with PortableApps.com to "install once and run everywhere" literally dozens of apps (including Firefox, Google Chrome, Notepad++, Putty, and much more...).

I got a couple of emails from folks who play Spore, so I updated my blog entry with more detailed instructions.  Basically, I now avoid Live Mesh conflicts on first setup by making sure saved Spore games are copied (and not merged) the first time you add a device to the Mesh.
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:28 AM