Windows Home Server and Windows Live OneCare RRS feed

• Question

• I have been looking at the Windows Home Server and I was wondering how Windows Live OnceCare and WHS would work together.  Can they work together?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, I could not find a more appropriate location?

Thanks,

-Mike
    Tuesday, January 1, 2008 10:02 PM

Answers

• Hello Mike, WHS and Windows Live One Care work well together. It is suggested to use the WHS backup and to disable One Care backup as WHS backup is more robust and feature complete, but if you prefer , you can use One care backup as well. One Care cannot be used to protect WHS since WHS is based on Windows Server 2003 which is an unsupported operating system.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 10:10 PM

All replies

• Hello Mike, WHS and Windows Live One Care work well together. It is suggested to use the WHS backup and to disable One Care backup as WHS backup is more robust and feature complete, but if you prefer , you can use One care backup as well. One Care cannot be used to protect WHS since WHS is based on Windows Server 2003 which is an unsupported operating system.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 10:10 PM
  • I have found them to work well together, but I'm still feeling my way. One problem I have is that I get the amber icon with the message, "Problems were found on your computer" with only a Fix button, no way to see what the problem is. Can you direct me further?

Saturday, January 5, 2008 4:44 PM
  •  Dick Unholz wrote:
    I have found them to work well together, but I'm still feeling my way. One problem I have is that I get the amber icon with the message, "Problems were found on your computer" with only a Fix button, no way to see what the problem is. Can you direct me further?

When you open OneCare, does it have anything in the actions to take or just that Fix button? You may be able to find out what that is by going to Change Settings, Logging tab, and create a support log. A report will load in the browser and should provide a detailed status and history of your system.

-steve

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 12:53 PM