Cant send emails Server error: '554 5.7.1 [R8] Authentication Failed, must login.' RRS feed

• Question

• I recently purchased an Office 365 subscription for business. I then realized that I was running Windows 8.1 on my computer. I immediately had problems sending emails with the following prompt:

Server error: '554 5.7.1 [R8] Authentication Failed, must login.'

I uninstalled the Office 365 and purchased an Office 365 from an approved 3rd party Microsoft vendor and then installed it.  I am having the same issue as before when I get into Outlook.  I can receive emails on my desktop.  I can still received and send emails on my IPhone.  I need to figure out how to delete or disable my Administrator account on Outlook. I have gone into the settings and tried to disable the Administrator account but it says that if I disable it as a user any other user accounts that are a part of it will be disabled as well and that scared me so I didn't make any changes. I will be paying for the annual subscription for 365 but I just want all administrator and user accounts other than my local account to go away.

Thanks,

• Moved by Dave PatrickMVP Monday, August 31, 2020 9:46 PM looking for forum
    Monday, August 31, 2020 8:33 PM

Answers