CRM 2011: data mapping to created by and modified by fields RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, Currently I have a requirement to migrate the data between two different entities in the same organization, but I need to map the old values for the created by and modified by values, any way to do it ??

Also I don't understand the meaning of mapping of an option set value to 'ignore' will this ignore the record with this option set value during the import execution ?

Best regards..

Monday, April 23, 2012 10:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

"Also I don't understand the meaning of mapping of an option set value to 'ignore' will this ignore the record with this option set value during the import execution?" - yes, that is correct. if you ignored mapping for any field while importing that means field remains blank after successful import.

Monday, April 23, 2012 11:33 AM
  • Hi, As far I understand the createdby and modifiedby attributes are not available for ValidForCreate and ValidForUpdate so you cannot prefill this during import process. However you can create two dummy fields and import the data in the target system and using unsupported ways update the database tables directly using SQL using these dummy fields. I am not sure this will help you.
    Monday, April 23, 2012 11:23 AM

All replies

• Hi, As far I understand the createdby and modifiedby attributes are not available for ValidForCreate and ValidForUpdate so you cannot prefill this during import process. However you can create two dummy fields and import the data in the target system and using unsupported ways update the database tables directly using SQL using these dummy fields. I am not sure this will help you.
    Monday, April 23, 2012 11:23 AM
  • Hi,

"Also I don't understand the meaning of mapping of an option set value to 'ignore' will this ignore the record with this option set value during the import execution?" - yes, that is correct. if you ignored mapping for any field while importing that means field remains blank after successful import.

Monday, April 23, 2012 11:33 AM
  • yes, that is correct. if you ignored mapping for any field while importing that means field remains blank after successful import.

Ok, but the entire record data will be imported ??
    Monday, April 23, 2012 11:35 AM
  • yes......
    Monday, April 23, 2012 11:37 AM