WGA PROB . 0x80070426 >> 0xC0000022 0x80070002 >> MS Scripting Errors >> Shear exhaustion RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I was hoping someone could start by telling me how I could RE-Install the addon for the blahblah/genuine thingy cuz I just ran my vista ultimate system threw it and it said im not valid.

I think if I re-install that , I can re-genuinize my machine.

Also , im getting reports that this won't be resolved untill tuesday ? , From what I see here that is wrong but I would just like confirmation from someone who works for MS.

Can't really think of what to do behond that.

Thanks

~X~

Saturday, August 25, 2007 11:47 PM

Answers

• Xavier what "Tool" are you referring to? Our ActiveX control is  ~1MB.

Monday, August 27, 2007 7:24 PM

All replies

•  

When attempting to re-install the wga "tool" i get an error that says i don't have enough space to complete the install.

However i over 10 gigs of space available.

Sunday, August 26, 2007 6:55 PM
  • Xavier what "Tool" are you referring to? Our ActiveX control is  ~1MB.

Monday, August 27, 2007 7:24 PM
  •  Phil Liu MSFT wrote:

Xavier what "Tool" are you referring to? Our ActiveX control is  ~1MB.

That is exactly what I'm referring to. And I think you know it.

And as of now I am STILL having activation issues.

Even after A FULL FORMAT! and RE-Install of some of the operating systems in my office they are STILL having activation issues!

I suggest you guys setup A site with WebMetric's system status tools , so people can view the status of WGA's backend performance.

BlueTie is doing this for there system..

You can see a example of theres here....

http://Support.BlueTie.com/?q=node/819  [NOTE: External Link]

As well as issue a patch or diagnostic tool to "reset" the cryptographic , BITS , SLM , SLVCV etc etc services so people who have crippled systems behond normal repair don't have to re-install there entire freakin OS's !!!!!!!!

The way you have been brushing your system faults aside as "embarrassing" is simply unacceptable.

You have no integrity until you make a statement in clear observance of the underlining issue.

Regards,

XAVIER T. PNolan

Metlife P&C

VP IT Security Operations

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 3:53 AM