CRM 2011 Deployment Manager: An error occurred when trying import and upgrade organization database RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I use CRM Deployment Manager for import my CRM 4.0 Organization on new CRM 2011 Deployment.

At last stage (progress bar 100% completed, Stage Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.UpgradeNewSolutionAwareEntities)

I have this error and import failure...

System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.UpgradeNewSolutionAwareEntities failed. ---> Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: One or none attribute maps expected for a combination of source 'contract', target 'incident' and entitymapid ffc68db6-5ad1-da11-b483-000423b0d3e6

Need help, thank you.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 3:00 PM

Answers

• I would run through your field mappings for your relationships that are one to many on contract to incident and see which one matches the guid provided.  You should be able to see the guid in the URL bar when you pull up the mapping in the browser.  I would note the mapped fields and remove the mapping, then try the upgrade again, after the upgrade completes you can re-build the mapping. 

I don't know why, but it evidently doesn't like that mapping.

Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:13 PM

All replies

• I would run through your field mappings for your relationships that are one to many on contract to incident and see which one matches the guid provided.  You should be able to see the guid in the URL bar when you pull up the mapping in the browser.  I would note the mapped fields and remove the mapping, then try the upgrade again, after the upgrade completes you can re-build the mapping. 

Jamie Miley
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:13 PM

Jamie Miley
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Issue solved, thank you.

First I checked for tables have column entitymapid

SELECT TABLE_NAME, COLUMN_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS WHERE COLUMN_NAME = 'entitymapid'

There are EntityMapBase,AttributeMapBase, AttributeMap, EntityMap

(I can see only EntityMapBase,AttributeMapBase at tables list browser, where is last 2?..)

Next I made

select * from [dbo].[EntityMapBase] where entitymapid like '%FFC68DB6-5AD1-DA11-B483-000423B0D3E6%'

(result was 1 row)

Next I updated 1 row I found

update EntityMapBase set deletionstatecode = 2 where entitymapid like '%FFC68DB6-5AD1-DA11-B483-000423B0D3E6%'

After this try re-import succeeded.

Friday, August 19, 2011 8:38 AM
  • Sunday, February 19, 2012 1:05 AM