Live Desktop Hangs Displaying "Loading... " Message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All -

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this behaviour. When I try to go to the Live Desktop, the web page just displays "Loading..." There are JavaScript errors. One indicates that 'ScriptHost' was not defined. Another indicates that an object was expected.

Ihave my machine set up so that JavaScript etc. are disabled in the Internet Zone. However, I have added the host name for the Live Mesh site to my Trusted Sites, and the status bar does indeed show that I am in the Trusted Zone when I try to open the Live Desktop.

Thanks!

Terry.

They're all dead Dave.
    Sunday, June 29, 2008 6:57 PM

Answers

• Hi Terry,

The issue is that we download some of our JavaScript files over subdomains, so it is insufficient to add www.mesh.com to your list of trusted sites. If you add *.mesh.com, everything should load correctly.  I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 6:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Terry,

Are you still unable to access your Live Desktop?  If so, please let me know and I'll look into it further.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 5:34 PM
  • I've seen that, and I thought it was because I was trying Firefox 3. But it also happened at a time when I was trying to get something going quickly and didn't really have time to poke at the issue. Then it went away again.

I saw it one other time, but that was self-inflicted. I'd changed my IE connectivity to use a proxy server we have here that goes to a high-speed Internet connection that's got some restrictions on where we can get to (we use it to grab ISO images from MSDN, mostly), and I'd forgotten to disable that setting after I'd grabbed my files. Live Mesh didn't seem to like that at all. Of course, a lot of other web sites won't load with that configuration here, so once I reverted, things worked well.

If I see it again, I'll try to take logs and upload them.
    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 8:04 PM
  • Yes, the problem still occurs. I haven't looked into how to get logs, but if you can post brief instructions I will get them for you.

Terry.

They're all dead Dave.
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 3:25 AM
  • The announcement section above has a post - "How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs" - which explains how to get the logs.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 5:11 PM
  • Hi Terry,

The issue is that we download some of our JavaScript files over subdomains, so it is insufficient to add www.mesh.com to your list of trusted sites. If you add *.mesh.com, everything should load correctly.  I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 6:34 PM
  • Ben [Live Mesh] said:

Hi Terry,

Thanks,

Ben.

Normally, I'm smart enough to do that right off the bat, but not this time :-)

I went and fixed up my trusted sites, and its working fine.

Thanks!

Terrry.
    They're all dead Dave.
    Friday, July 4, 2008 7:13 PM