WHS Books RRS feed

Answers

• I also like "Windows Home Server User's Guide" and "Teach Yourself Visually- Windows Home Server" as they are both  task based and good for people that are not super-geeky / enthusiasts. 

Thursday, June 5, 2008 11:00 PM

All replies

• I also like "Windows Home Server User's Guide" and "Teach Yourself Visually- Windows Home Server" as they are both  task based and good for people that are not super-geeky / enthusiasts. 

Thursday, June 5, 2008 11:00 PM
  • I read through Home Server Unleashed and found it to be more informative than most of the other books on the market. It went into greater detail on setting up an customizing the default installation. If you want a more technical read this book is a great choice.

Friday, June 6, 2008 1:31 AM
  • It really does depend on what you want to get out of the book to be honest and whos reading them.

If you want to know how to do things with and to your WHS that most "normal" users probably wont do then Paul's Unleashed book covers a lot of that sort of stuff. However, that sort of book may be a little too techy for some people.l

If you want to know about all the features of WHS, how to use them, configure them, etc, or you are not very techie, then my book (The Windows Home Server User's Guide), the WHS Bible, Dummies, etc are pretty good.

So, depends on the audience and what they want out of it.

Andrew

Saturday, June 7, 2008 4:38 PM