EasyC", based on C#, another .net lang... please read and comment! RRS feed

• Question

• Goals:
    *More easy to
    - learn
    - read
    - write
    - understand (foreign code).
    *less code to write to do the same thing.
    *while having the same amount of functions
    *while accepting that this language might be a bit slower then other .net langs.

Imho it`s worth to have an open (wide and long) discussing with the community. The goal should be to make something I call now "EasyC" (a more easy C#) easy as scripting languages like tcl or ruby. So it`s wise imho to "steal" the ideas about easyness from other free languages.

For sure this should be just another .net lang next to C#, J# and so on. A C# for very beginners with programming. It should be possible to convert C# <-> "EasyC" and so on like other .net langs.

A few examples for the changes from C# to "EasyC".
    - No more need to initialize variables. Old int i = 1. New just i = 1.
    - a = 5 + 5 --> 10
    - No more need to set a ; at the end of each line.
    - a = b shall mean that b will be a new variable with it`s own place in memory.
    - Make the classes like public/private/protected... much more easy. I suggest tcl style, function function-name { arg1 arg2 args } { //commands }
    - Get ride of the return value (i mean public static void name). If it`s void or bool or whatever is nvm. Just keep care of it internal.

Everything that can be managed internal should be managed internal. That`s my point.

Tell me, if it`s worth to discuss such a new programming language, to collect ideas/suggestions what to change. And also tell me please where I could discuss this theme to get some attention. Thanks for reading!

Sunday, April 29, 2007 3:03 PM

Answers

• "*while having the same amount of functions"

But VB.net is limted if you compare it to C#?
    Sunday, April 29, 2007 3:05 PM

All replies

• "*while having the same amount of functions"

But VB.net is limted if you compare it to C#?
    Sunday, April 29, 2007 3:05 PM
  • Dear Friend,

Greetings and warm wishes. Thanks for the information it is an good one. But don't mind I have a small doubt that while assigning variables the true like i=1 for large number of variables think that i=1000 or more integer will not be accepted. The type of variable is needed I suppose.

Can you provide me with some tips.

Regards,

Saturday, May 5, 2007 9:58 AM