Live OneCare renew problem RRS feed

• Question

•  

I get a Message 2002 error when trying to renew Live OneCare.  I may have my limit of three PC's with Live OneCare, how can I verify this?
    Thursday, January 31, 2008 9:54 PM

Answers

• The 2002 error remains a mystery to me, unfortunately, so I need to refer you to support on that - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

To see how many active machines are on your subscription, Open OneCare on one machine and make that machine a hub for your "Circle" by clicking on "Your OneCare Circle" on the left and then clicking the link to make it a hub. All PCs for your subscription will appear in the list after the next communication with the server. Note that it will also show the last communication between each PC and the server. If one or more entries show an old date, OneCare may not be active on that machine and can be removed from the Circle. If OneCare is active on the machine you remove, it will become unsubscribed.

-steve

Friday, February 1, 2008 1:26 PM

All replies

• The 2002 error remains a mystery to me, unfortunately, so I need to refer you to support on that - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

To see how many active machines are on your subscription, Open OneCare on one machine and make that machine a hub for your "Circle" by clicking on "Your OneCare Circle" on the left and then clicking the link to make it a hub. All PCs for your subscription will appear in the list after the next communication with the server. Note that it will also show the last communication between each PC and the server. If one or more entries show an old date, OneCare may not be active on that machine and can be removed from the Circle. If OneCare is active on the machine you remove, it will become unsubscribed.

-steve

Friday, February 1, 2008 1:26 PM
  • Thanks much.  This should help out in the future.  I build and fix computers and reccomend Live OneCare for the antivirus solution, so I will set the first pc in the clients network as the hub to keep track of the OneCare license.  Mike

Saturday, May 10, 2008 1:40 AM