New Product Key in German, English or Multilingual? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

One of our Boss bought a Laptop in Corea, originally with XP Home English, after somebody change it to XP Prof. German without new instalation. After a while he got the message, that his Laptop an ilegal copy from XP had and that he should buy an Original  Key, the question is: which Version should he buy? a German? English? or maybe multilingual? makes any difference the language? what happen when I use the KeyUpdate Tool on his Laptop and I write a Product Key in a wrong language? .

We would like to avoid a new installation.

Thank you very much for your help

Raulito
    Tuesday, August 15, 2006 10:02 AM

Answers

• If a computer is running a confirmed non-genuine "German Version" of Windows XP Professional, then only a genuine Product Key for a German version of Windows XP Professional can be used.
    Tuesday, August 15, 2006 12:48 PM

All replies

• If a computer is running a confirmed non-genuine "German Version" of Windows XP Professional, then only a genuine Product Key for a German version of Windows XP Professional can be used.
    Tuesday, August 15, 2006 12:48 PM
  • Thanks Carey,

I already bought a neu German Key, the problem now is that when I run the KeyUpdateTool, it appears a message telling me that many Windows files are corrupted or damage, and if I continue it will be at my own risk....what should I do then???

Thanks to everybody that can help me..

Raulito 

Friday, August 18, 2006 9:37 AM
  • I would recommend that you use your new Product Key with a genuine Windows XP (German Version) CD and perform a "repair install".

How to Perform a Repair Install of Windows XP
    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Friday, August 18, 2006 2:27 PM