none
Getting error message as “You do not have a license to use this functionality” when trying to access an ActiveX control from another application after upgrading to Windows 10 1809 update RRS feed

• Question

• While accessing ActiveXControl in an application from another application, an error dialog with message as ‘Runtime error 429, You do not have appropriate license to use this functionality’.

This problem is getting only after upgrading to Windows 10 1809 update.

When followed the solutions given by microsoft for similar problem

You receive an error message "You do not have a license to use this control" when you use Visual Basic 6.0 controls in Visual Studio 2005 or in Visual Studio .NET

, the first solution is solving the problem. But the solution is to install visual Basic 6.0. 

Is there any other solution which is lightweight?

Thursday, May 9, 2019 9:34 AM

All replies

• I would recommend asking about this issue here as you have mentioned using an active x control from VB6 and this forum is geared towards VB.NET without using anything from VB classic.

http://www.vbforums.com/forumdisplay.php?1-Visual-Basic-6-and-Earlier

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Thursday, May 9, 2019 9:38 AM