Live Meeting 2007 console msi? RRS feed

• Question

• I have found and installed the Live Meeting 2007 console (lmsetup.exe).I was wondering if Microsoft will be releasing it in .MSI format. we want to be able to roll it out to all our users via group policy.
    Wednesday, May 2, 2007 3:12 AM

Answers

• Live Meeting deployment guide

Extracting the installer package
    You can extract the installer package (.msi) from the LMSetup.exe application.

To extract the installer package (.msi)

1.      Copy the file LMSetup.exe to a folder on your local hard disk.
    2.      Open a command prompt window. (Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.)
    3.      Change the directory to the folder to which you copied the .exe.
    4.      To extract the .msi to the same folder, at the command prompt, type the following command:

Note: The command is case sensitive.

lmsetup.exe –out lmconsole.msi

Note
    You can use any name for the .msi, but LMConsole.msi is recommended. You can also save the .msi to another folder with the following command:
    LMSetup.exe –out LMConsole.msi <drive>:\<folder path>

Louis

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 4:22 PM

All replies

• Live Meeting deployment guide

Extracting the installer package
    You can extract the installer package (.msi) from the LMSetup.exe application.

To extract the installer package (.msi)

1.      Copy the file LMSetup.exe to a folder on your local hard disk.
    2.      Open a command prompt window. (Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.)
    3.      Change the directory to the folder to which you copied the .exe.
    4.      To extract the .msi to the same folder, at the command prompt, type the following command:

Note: The command is case sensitive.

lmsetup.exe –out lmconsole.msi

Note
    You can use any name for the .msi, but LMConsole.msi is recommended. You can also save the .msi to another folder with the following command:
    LMSetup.exe –out LMConsole.msi <drive>:\<folder path>

Louis

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 4:22 PM
  • Louis,

Unfortunately the command doesnt work. Im guessing it has to do with the version of the file (lmsetup.exe) being used. I have version 3.0.2709.0

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 1:07 PM
  • No its not the version I just found the version and ran the command and it create the MSI.

Are you running the command from the  same directory that the lmsetup.exe is in?  Also try it from another machine because I have never had this not work on multiple client.  I also just tried the same version that you have on multiple client.  The only other thing I can think of is to download the file again because it may be corrupt.

Louis H

Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:13 PM
  • There have been a number of reports of corrupted downloads. Please redownload the software and then retry Louis' suggestions and let us know how it went.

Thanks.

Monday, June 4, 2007 7:02 PM
  • I found this today and the extraction worked for me however when I run the MSI from it gives me the followin error.

A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: C:\{7DB92914-0A00-48C6-8DBB-F8E9D02B78B1}v8.0.6362.41.msi

I get the same result with ConfAddins_Setup.exe and the extraction of LMAddinPack.msi.
    A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: C:\{813B302C-2014-4166-B5D2-8C211AE4F22E}v8.0.6362.12.msi

Have others had this MSI run successfully after the extraction?
    Wednesday, January 30, 2008 10:18 PM
  •  

Run the install but stop it half way through.  Don't hit yes on the "The installation is not yet complete" message yet.  Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Applications\Cache and you'll find the msi.  It is named using the GUID - {7DB92914-0A00-48C6-8DBB-F8E9D02B78B1}v8.0.6362.41.msi.  Copy this to another location and then confirm you want to exit the installer.  You can do the same for the ConfAddins.  The msi's both worked for me.  If they still don't work for you then you may have a corrupt download like was mentioned earlier.

• Proposed as answer by PBU Tuesday, June 16, 2009 12:51 PM
    Thursday, January 31, 2008 7:53 PM
  • I was having the same problem but somehow got it worked by not typing ".exe" when I run it in the cmd prompt. What it does is it will create a folder on the same path or folder where you have the LMSetup.exe (if you did not explicitely specify the path), and inside is the .msi pakage which you can deploy to multiple workstation.

At the cmd prompt navigate to the folder where you downloaded the LMSetup.exe and then type:

LMSetup –out LMConsole.msi

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 6:36 PM