How to generate a barcode in CRM 2011 based on a field value RRS feed

• Question

• HI All, 

I want to generate a barcode based on the value of a field in a form. I have no idea how to go on about it. I just need the basic help like how to go on about it? 

Thursday, November 28, 2013 1:51 PM

Answers

• If the value is held within a field on the form then all you would need to do is add that field to the required report and set the font.

regards,

Matt

• Marked as answer by Hamzak Thursday, December 12, 2013 3:58 PM
    Monday, December 2, 2013 9:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think you need to elaborate on this. What do you want to do with the barcode once you have it?

There are many ways to generate barcodes or use barcode fonts but not sure what you are doing with it.

Regards

Chris

Thursday, November 28, 2013 7:29 PM
  • As mentioned, what type of barcode, code 3of9 or ???

Barcode fonts will be easiest to use, depends on what / how you intend using them.

regards,

Matt

Friday, November 29, 2013 9:03 AM
  • I want to use the value in the field on the form to be shown in the barcode. I am waiting from the client on what barcode format they need. 

Basically these barcodes will be shown on a report and they will be used to show the record based on the unique value from which the barcode will be generated.

Friday, November 29, 2013 10:12 AM
  • Hi,

You are best using a barcode font. Generate the string value for the barcode in whatever way you decide. Then save the string to an attribute to hold it. This can be done through javascript or a plugin. You can then add this attribute to a custom report with the font of the field on the report set to your barcode font and of the appropriate size. This will then display the barcode in it's proper format :-)

Chris

Friday, November 29, 2013 11:01 AM
  • If the value is held within a field on the form then all you would need to do is add that field to the required report and set the font.

regards,

Matt

• Marked as answer by Hamzak Thursday, December 12, 2013 3:58 PM
    Monday, December 2, 2013 9:18 AM
  • I am using barcode 3 of 9. I have installed it on my reporting server as well as the CRM server where the report is to be displayed.
    When building the report on BIDS on my sql reporting server, I changed the font of the field to barcode 3 of 9. The report in BIDS is showing the barcode but when i run the report in crm it shows the actual values. 

Anything I am doing wrong?
    Monday, December 2, 2013 3:49 PM
  • Does it display any different fonts, try a different font to the rest in the report.

regards,

Matt

Monday, December 2, 2013 3:53 PM
  • Does it display any different fonts, try a different font to the rest in the report.

regards,

Matt

I tried code 128 but still the same.  It shows in BIDS but not in CRM.
    Monday, December 2, 2013 4:22 PM