OCS2007 RTM Standard Setup seems fine - Services won't start 0xC3EC79E6 / WMI RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

after several tries to get OCS2007 up and running, I now definetly need someone to get me on track.

It might be possible, that originally my LCS2005 was not deactivated or even uninstalled correctly and I guess, that this is the source of my troubles.

My first try with Beta3 had the same symptoms as there are with the RTM Standard Server now.

To retry with a clean install I deactivated and uninstalled everything from the OCS2007 Machine, then deleted the "RTC Service" Container and gave it another try - unfortunately with the same resulut as the previous tries.

The Setup seems to run absolutely fine just until the services are supposed to be started.

The start of the Services logs an Error

Failure
    [0xC3EC78F4] One or more argument specified for the task is invalid.

After a restart of the machine, I find the following entries in the eventlog:

Application:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Audio-Video MCU Service
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 0
    Date:  01.09.2007
    Time:  12:19:34
    User:  N/A
    Computer: SERVER4
    Description:
    Service cannot be started. System.Management.ManagementException: Access denied
       at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
       at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Wmi.WmiConsumer.RegisterEvent(WmiConsumerClassEntry entry)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Internal.Wmi.WmiConsumer.Start()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Server.McuInfrastructure.WmiConfigurationClass.Start()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Server.McuInfrastructure.WmiConfigurationClass.Microsoft.Rtc.Server.McuInfrastructure.IConfigurationClass.Start()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Server.McuInfrastructure.WmiCccpConfigurationProvider.RegisterForTrustedServerListChanges()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Server.McuInfrastructure.WmiCccpConfigurationProvider.Initialize()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Server.McuInfrastructure.WmiCccpConfigurationProvider..ctor(String poolDn)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Server.McuInfrastructure.WmiConfigurationProvider..ctor(IDictionary`2 args)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Server.McuInfrastructure.LsServiceProvider.GetC...

OCS:

Event Source: OCS WMI Event Provider
    Event Category: (1027)
    Event ID: 56010
    Time:  12:19:31
    Description:
    The WMI event provider has failed to retrieve the initial settings of a class. Will retry again.

Class name: MSFT_SIPGlobalUCSetting
    Retry in 300000 milliseconds

Event Source: OCS WMI Event Provider
    Event Category: (1027)
    Event ID: 56010
    Time:  12:19:31
    Description:
    The WMI event provider has failed to retrieve the initial settings of a class. Will retry again.

Class name: MSFT_SIPESGlobalSearchSetting
    Retry in 300000 milliseconds

and so forth, lots of messages concerning WMI errors, missing references, and access denials...

I found an article in MS KB that comes close to this behaviour, but did not help me solve my problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937299/en-us

Hopefully someone here can help me out...

Thanks,

Marcus

Saturday, September 1, 2007 12:19 PM