none
c# certification exam RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I m new in c#, now  i m working with  visual studio 2008. i m confused , which exam i should give , i havent professional experience in .net but i want to give microsoft exam    

plz give me suggestion for windows development applications in 2008

Thanks in advance

Monday, September 13, 2010 12:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Rina,

Have a look at the MCPD certification here: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx#tab2

This is updated for .NET 3.5 on Visual Studio 2008 and is designed to reflect 2 to 3 years programming.

For .NET 4.0 exams have a look at the following Microsoft Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/drnick/archive/2010/03/01/net-4-certification-exams.aspx

Hope this helps,

Jarad, MCITP, Brisbane Australia
    Monday, September 13, 2010 12:17 AM
  • Thanks Grumpybum

i m thinking about exam 70-536,  this is my first exam ,plz give me advice is it better for framework 3.5  

Thanks in advance

Monday, September 13, 2010 12:28 AM
  • Hi Rina,

It is always best to go for the newest technology so that you have the most updated and powerful certification.

At the moment MCPD in .NET 3.5 is the highlighted certification on the Microsoft certifications page.

The exam 70-536 is a requirement for both .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.5 certification if you want to achieve MCPD (Microsoft Certified Professional Developer) and there for is a good place to start.

Personally, I am starting with programming study and I am looking to achieve 70-536 before anything else. I believe this is the best MCTS certification to start with in this area, although some believe that it is out of date. It does keep showing on all Microsoft .NET certifications as a must have, basically without it you cannot become a MCPD.

Exam 70-536 will be the best place to start as it will set you up for plenty of Microsoft certifications following it.

My past experiance with certification has been in Server, SQL and Virtualization with Microsoft, and I have been looking at the certification options in .NET for a few months now.

Best of luck

Jarad, MCITP, Brisbane Australia
    Monday, September 13, 2010 5:05 AM
  • hi,

thank u........ 

plz can u give me online study link for exam 70-536 or name of the best hard copy ?

Monday, September 13, 2010 2:02 PM