none
"Could not load file or assembly 'Extreme.Numerics.Net40.x64.Serial'"? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a solution in Microsoft Visual Studio which successfully builds a web solution.  This is project is in use and has had other developers work on it.  So I can safely conclude that the problem I am having once I run the program locally does not have to do with the code itself but must be on my system somehow.

When I click to run the program by clicking on the proverbial "Run" button in Visual Studio that is renamed as "ISS Express (Internet Explorer)", the browser displays the error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'Extreme.Numerics.Net40.x64.Serial' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format."

I ran the MSI file "Extreme.Numerics.Professional.v5.1.x64" because it was first assumed that the Extreme Numberics was not installed.  But when I ran this installer, the dialog window showed that it has already been installed because it offered "Change", "Repair" or "Remove".  This implies that it has already been installed.

I went to the IIS and I clicked on the Web site and the "Basic Settings..." and clicked to test the settings, it passed the authentication and authorization.

Please advise.  What should I try next or where should I look to get more clues to fix this?

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 7:28 PM

All replies

• Kind of sounds like a 64x running as a 32x app which could be the issue as you have verified the DLL is installed and also works for other developers.

Check under application pools you have this set to false

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 7:39 PM