Vail is very slow zipping & never completed a 10 GB download RRS feed

• Question

• Hi people,

Last night (using RA) I logged in to the Server & zipped a page of my music (shared) files in WHS Vail, that took 50 minutes!

Next I attempted to download them to my main rig desktop.

After 13 minutes 7.03GB had downloaded & then the downloading stopped, I have 48GB of free space on the main rig so that is not a problem.

Waiting another 50 minutes Vail automatically Logged me out & I was back on my Vail Home w/ the Download window still showing & stuck @ 71% = 7.03GB.

Specs on Server rig.

Intel Core 2 Duo

2x2GB Memory

2x1.5 TB WD SATA Hdd

I checked the Release Notes & there is no mention of a limit to download size on Vail so "Whats up w/ That?"

Sunday, May 30, 2010 1:42 PM

Answers

• Hi people,

Last night (using RA) I logged in to the Server & zipped a page of my music (shared) files in WHS Vail, that took 50 minutes!

After 13 minutes 7.03GB had downloaded & then the downloading stopped, I have 48GB of free space on the main rig so that is not a problem.

Waiting another 50 minutes Vail automatically Logged me out & I was back on my Vail Home w/ the Download window still showing & stuck @ 71% = 7.03GB.

Specs on Server rig.

Intel Core 2 Duo

2x2GB Memory

2x1.5 TB WD SATA Hdd

I checked the Release Notes & there is no mention of a limit to download size on Vail so "Whats up w/ That?"

You should file a bug report on Connect.  That said, v1 has a time-out feature.  Perhaps Vail has it as well...
    Sunday, May 30, 2010 2:07 PM

All replies

• Hi people,

Specs on Server rig.

Intel Core 2 Duo

2x2GB Memory

2x1.5 TB WD SATA Hdd

You should file a bug report on Connect.  That said, v1 has a time-out feature.  Perhaps Vail has it as well...
    Sunday, May 30, 2010 2:07 PM
  • How about a "Invite" into the  ->Real<- TechBeta?
    Sunday, May 30, 2010 2:23 PM
  • How about a "Invite" into the  ->Real<- TechBeta?
    How about you file bug report as suggested instead of wild speculation about a "real" beta version (of which there is only 1, build 7495, the one that is available on Connect)?
    Sunday, May 30, 2010 2:33 PM
  • Done,

sorry about the lateness

Edit: Link removed

Monday, May 31, 2010 1:52 AM