none
HELP this is my 1st pc.

Question

• THIS IS MY 1ST PC. I misplaced my reciept and it had the key on it{whatever that is} do I need it and please tell me what it was for
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, January 26, 2016 3:14 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Sunday, January 24, 2016 8:10 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 3:14 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The 'Academic Initiatives - General Discussions' forum is for any posts not covered under any of the other forums as related to Microsoft's Academic Initiatives.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 3:13 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 3:14 PM
  • Key can refer to many things, to clarify, are you able to log into your PC?

What else did you purchase with your PC? Wireless Access Point? Services? Software?

As for a key being on a physical receipt you would receive from a reputable dealer, nothing comes to mind. A receipt should only contain pertinent sales information Date/Time/Product/Cost/Return Policy/Store/Store Address.

It will not contain any information such as Serial Number/Windows Authentication Key.

Best Wishes

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 3:27 PM