none
Default View Opening Saved Maps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

When I open any saved map it opens wide-zoomed way out over the United States often including both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.  The old version I had of Streets & Trips opened each map to the view I had last used in each specific saved map.   I am located in NY, and most of my maps concern the northeast.  I don't want to open a saved map and have to locate my area and zoom each time.  I would be happy if it opened showing even a relatively close area.  The only time Streets and Trips opens in a view which is acceptable is when I create a new map for which I created a template for my starting point.  After I plot my route, print it and save it, the next time I open it, I am looking at the entire United States or a wide zoom of the midwest.

Does anyone know how to change this oddly zoomed out initial view for saved maps.  Again, this is not a problem for a new map created from the default template I use.  It only affects opening saved map routes.

Vitals: Street & Trips 2011; Windows 7; i7 2630QM; 6GB RAM

Thanks,

--Jeff

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:39 AM

All replies

• Jeff, you could change the default view of North America in the "New North American Map" template.  Zoom to the view you would prefer to have and then Save As, selecting "New North America Map.stt' in the drop pop-up box (change the file type to stt to display your templates).
    Friday, July 1, 2011 6:35 PM