SharedView shared screen not viewable RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all,

Having problem sharing both applications and desktop using SharedView 1.0 on my Dell Latitude D630C Laptop running Windows XP Pro with SP3 installed. Have the laptop docked, and am using a single external monitor currently. Preview window looks like this:

http://www.axion.ca/~spyke/images/SharedViewPreview.PNG

I have tried downloading the latest video card drivers from the Dell web site which has not changed behavior. Have not looked to see if anything is available directly from Nvidia however...

Found this check list on the forum and thought I'd provide my feedback...

Looks like I've found a work-around, however any insight on how to resolve the issue would be most helpful. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check 1.

Could you please run dxdiag?

Start -> Run -> Type 'dxdiag' -> Press ENTER

Allow DXDIAg to check WHQL signatures. 
    After it finishes checking WHQL click "
    Save All information" and upload the dxdiag.txt to the forum.

Complete, see here : http://www.axion.ca/~spyke/files/SpykeDxDiag.txt

Check 2.

In DirectX diagnostic tool could you please switch to the '
    Display' tab and click 'Test DirectDraw'. Follow the test instructions.

Does your system passes all direct draw tests successfully?

Checks 1-2 helps us reproduce the problem in our lab.

Complete, no problems found. Results stored in log file above...

Check 3.

On you desktop do a

Desktop right-click -> Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshoot.

You should be seeing Hardware acceleration slider. What is its current position?

With slider completely to the right, preview window in SharedView is unreadable with horizontal streaks as per above image

Check 4.

Move the
    hardware acceleration slider to None and start/restart SharedView. Start sharing and look at the preview. Do you still see the problem?

Preview window now appears fine... Can move the slider up to the "Disable all DirectDraw and Direct3D accelerations..." (3rd position from left) and everything looks fine. Anything beyond this and preview window is unreadable.

Check 5.

Disable write combining. If it asks to reboot, do so. Start/restart SharedView. Start sharing and look at the preview. Do you still see the problem?

Preview window still appears fine...

Check 6.

Move the
    hardware acceleration slider to Full. Enable write combining. If it asks to reboot, do so. Start/restart SharedView. Start sharing and look at the preview. Do you still see the problem? 

Problem has re-occured... Any setting of the hardware acceleration slider beyond 3rd position from left causes a problem.

SharedView uses different algorithms for different hardware acceleration settings, checks 3-6 are designed to isolate the problem.

Thursday, September 4, 2008 1:14 PM

All replies

• As a follow-up,

I did check the Nvidia web site and they do not offer updates for the Quatro 135M that is in my Dell, instead they refer me to the Dell web site for updates. Looks like I've got the latest and greatest available right now...

Thursday, September 4, 2008 1:40 PM
  • If it can be of further assistance, here is the log file from sharedview when hardware acceleration is set to full.

http://www.axion.ca/~spyke/files/sharedview-debug40.txt

I've shared my desktop, and looks like the resolution settings are being picked up correctly, however the display still looks garbled.

Thursday, September 4, 2008 2:37 PM