Displaying New fields RRS feed

• Question

• I created a new field on the Case entity and when I attempt to display it on the Portal by adding it to the "Cases Web View" View, I get the following error. The portal is Azure hosted , connecting to CRM online

I already re-created Xrm.cs which includes the new field. I also re-deployed the portal to refresh the cache. Does anybody know why it can't see the new field?

Server Error in '/' Application.

A field or property with the name 'new_test' was not found on the selected data source.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: A field or property with the name 'new_test' was not found on the selected data source.

Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
    [HttpException (0x80004005): A field or property with the name 'new_test' was not found on the selected data source.]
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.BoundField.GetValue(Control controlContainer) +3215181
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.BoundField.OnDataBindField(Object sender, EventArgs e) +72
       System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +304
       System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +11426231
       System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +321
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.CreateRow(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 dataSourceIndex, DataControlRowType rowType, DataControlRowState rowState, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem, DataControlField[] fields, TableRowCollection rows, PagedDataSource pagedDataSource) +287
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.CreateChildControls(IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean dataBinding) +4604
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data) +94
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data) +18
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data) +182
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +274

Monday, June 18, 2012 8:48 PM

All replies

• do iisreset on a CRM server

• Edited by koncis Friday, October 19, 2012 7:25 AM
    Friday, October 19, 2012 7:24 AM