Fax integration within OCS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.
    I would like to know if there is any way to integrate fax capabilities within OCS. I read on some websites that it was possible to receive sent faxes in the outlook mailbox, but I didn't find much MS websites dealing with that... What about sending faxes from Outlook?
    Thanks.
    Friday, April 4, 2008 9:38 AM

Answers

•  

OCS doesn't support fax however you can use Exchange 2007 Unified Messaging which does support inbound fax and will deliver them to a users Outlook Inbox.

UM 2007 also acts as the 'voicemail' for OCS users of course.

You can also use third party LAN fax servers that support FoIP (T.38) and arrange for the PSTN gateway to deliver fax calls directly to the fax server and then to the users Inbox. This will generally give you send and receive fax.  

Saturday, April 5, 2008 8:35 PM

All replies

•  

OCS doesn't support fax however you can use Exchange 2007 Unified Messaging which does support inbound fax and will deliver them to a users Outlook Inbox.

UM 2007 also acts as the 'voicemail' for OCS users of course.

You can also use third party LAN fax servers that support FoIP (T.38) and arrange for the PSTN gateway to deliver fax calls directly to the fax server and then to the users Inbox. This will generally give you send and receive fax.  

Saturday, April 5, 2008 8:35 PM
  • OK, thank you.
    I have another question: what is the format of the received faxes? Are they considered like plain text emails or like emails with a pdf attachment?
    Monday, April 7, 2008 10:29 AM