Firewall Setting Question RRS feed

• Question

•  

Is "Publiic"  or "Home/Work" the more appropriate OneCare firewall setting for a household with a single computer connected srtraight to a DSL modem with no router or wireless setup anywhere in the loop?
    Thursday, January 17, 2008 4:09 PM

Answers

• I would select Public.

Since there are no other PCs you want to Share with, you will want the firewall to block and disallow all inbound traffic.

Does this mean that your long running issue is resolved?

-steve

Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:03 PM

All replies

• I would select Public.

Since there are no other PCs you want to Share with, you will want the firewall to block and disallow all inbound traffic.

Does this mean that your long running issue is resolved?

-steve

Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:03 PM
  • No, I've given up on email support since thay are just going in circles and am waiting to hear from someone about the remote session.

I agree with another poster on the forum that the startup process for OneCare is extremely frail and that hopefully the hotfix will address this.

On the upside, today was the one day out of three that OneCare managed to start on its own.

This question was for a friend that was updated on Monday. He's had multiple issues with the update and I wanted to make sure that what I told him regarding the firewall setting was the best advice.

Thanks for your help!
    Thursday, January 17, 2008 7:40 PM
  • You're welcome. I had hoped that you would have been called yesterday. Hang in there - they will be contacting you.

-steve

Thursday, January 17, 2008 8:10 PM