Can I trust Live Care RRS feed

• Question

• Here's my dilemma.  I really need to do a full format of my hard drives and start again from scratch, but I don't want to lose all my settings etc, and programs that I use a lot.

Is Live care the program I need to restore all my settings or is there something better out there.  Can I trust it to recognise my external hard drive when my main system is all formatted and reinstalled with a fresh windows xp install, or will it freek out and refuse to recognise the backups?

regards

Saturday, July 26, 2008 1:46 PM

Answers

• You will have to re-configure each program after installation. As far as I know there isn't a program that can do this for you.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 1:46 PM

All replies

• If you are performing a clean installation of Windows you will have to reinstall your programs regardless of the backup program you use. To restore data files, One Care restore works pretty well and there shouldn't be any issues restoring from your external drive.

Saturday, July 26, 2008 2:13 PM
  • Yeah, I know I'm going to have to re-install the actual programs, but can I totally trust one care to save all my settings.  I've got lots of financial stuff on here, that's *** to get back, as well as tax office software that can be very touchy.  Does one care save all the settings for programs like this or is there something else out there that will do it for me.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 6:30 AM
  • You will have to re-configure each program after installation. As far as I know there isn't a program that can do this for you.

Sunday, July 27, 2008 1:46 PM