How to start Microsoft edge process in hidden mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I am trying to run Microsoft edge browser in hidden mode.  below is the script i am using for this .

Start-Process -FilePath ($Env:WinDir + "\explorer.exe") -ArgumentList "shell:Appsfolder\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge" 

Start-Sleep -s 4
    Get-Process MicrosoftEdge -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue |
    Where-Object { $_.StartTime -and (Get-Date).AddMinutes(-5) -lt $_.StartTime } |
    Stop-Process

But the Edge browser is appearing and closed while running the script. can some one help how to do it in hidden mode without opening the edge browser

thanks,

• Moved by Mattew Wu Wednesday, February 21, 2018 7:52 AM not ad issue
    Friday, February 16, 2018 10:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

You can not do that with containerized UWP apps. Why you need such functionality? do you research AppService provided by Edge maybe it contains all functionality you need.

Make the community better together

Friday, February 16, 2018 1:57 PM
  • Hello,

Since your question is out of the scope of Ad unit forum, I will move it so that you could be assisted better.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 7:51 AM
  • You can not do that with containerized UWP applications. Why you need such usefulness? do you investigate AppService gave by Edge perhaps it contains all usefulness you require?

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 8:45 AM
  • Might try asking over here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?forum=winserverpowershell

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 12:46 PM