none
Multilingual Forums

General discussion

• If a user posts a question on these forums it shows in all languages regardless of his/her selected language setting at the top of the page. If your not going to convert them then those posts should only be visible to those who have selected that language.

• Edited by Sikaflex Friday, October 16, 2015 2:51 PM
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 8:58 PM

All replies

• I think this is a result of our fallback logic for handling language and locale.  Because we haven't moved over any of our non-English forums yet the fallback logic switches from the selected language to English as the first thing it finds with forums associated with it.  This will stop happening once the non-English forums are migrated in very early 2009.

-Jeremy
    Jeremy Kelley
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 11:59 PM
  • Where Jeremy is the "selected language setting" ?

(regardless of his/her selected language setting at the top of the page.)

I assumed it would be in "My Settings" but whatever was there it had nothing to do with language.

I hope that you aren't making assumptions based on the users location. I am *so* fed up of getting screens (and text) served to me in Finnish !

Later: OK. I presume this is the "United States (English)" that is even higher up the page than My Settings.

Can I put in the suggestion that the language *ought* to be in My Settings.

This would mean that every time a (say) German user logs in to a new PC he would automatically get English (if that's what he'd put in My Settings) whereas if you don't have it in My Settings, he is bound on a new machine to see "German" in the right-at-the-top location and would need to change it. Every time.

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, December 10, 2008 5:36 AM Later section added
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 5:32 AM