none
Runtime broker "eats" a lot of CPU in Windows 10

Question

• Hey all, First of all I would like to apologize about the topic, I know, that there are a lot of topics with the similar problem. I have tried all the stuffs, that was explained there, but none of them helped me at all. I still have problem with the runtime broker, which uses a lot of CPU and so on, even if nothing is running on the computer. Because of it, when I close the laptop, it can't turn of by itself and still uses a lot of CPU, which will cause a problem one day... I know the idea of the application or whatever it is called (runtime broker) and it is supposed to take just a one or maximum two-three percentages of CPU, but it is not like that with me. And as well to go in the registry and set some value from 3 to 4, I don't really remember the exact things, I just saw a topic in some forum about it and the people there said, that it works. BUT not really for me.. 

Thank you all in advance.

PS:It could be wrong place to ask, but I did't find any suitable category. 

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Monday, August 17, 2015 2:33 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Sunday, August 16, 2015 6:20 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, August 17, 2015 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, August 17, 2015 2:32 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Monday, August 17, 2015 2:33 PM