none
Electronic License Key RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking to purchase the electronic license key stated in the FAQ:

Electronic License Key Offer: Microsoft will offer an alternative for customers who find out via the WGA validation process that they are not running genuine Windows, but do not qualify for, or choose not to take advantage of, the complimentary offer. These customers will be able to license a Windows Genuine Advantage Kit for Windows XP online for a price of $99 for Windows XP Home edition or $149 for Windows XP Professional. The Windows Genuine Advantage Kit for Windows XP will include a new 25-character Product Key and a Windows Product Key Update tool that will allow customers to convert their counterfeit copy to genuine Windows XP electronically.

When I click through the button labeled "Buy a genuine product key online" the next place i end up only has the option to purchase the Windows Genuine Advantage Kit for $199.00

Can someone tell me how to purchase the electronic key only for XP-Pro?

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 7:16 PM

Answers

• kam_abbott,

The $99 and $149 prices are US/USD prices.

Are you in another country (maybe Canada?) and if so, maybe you are seeing the local price.

The WGA kit includes the electronic Product Key which is emailed immediately to you, and a specially packaged retail full license CD for XP (either Home or Pro depending of course upon which one you have installed being ID'd as nongenuine).  The WGA offer does not include the option to purchase ONLY the Product Key and NOT the CD.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 7:29 PM

All replies

• kam_abbott,

The $99 and $149 prices are US/USD prices.

Are you in another country (maybe Canada?) and if so, maybe you are seeing the local price.

The WGA kit includes the electronic Product Key which is emailed immediately to you, and a specially packaged retail full license CD for XP (either Home or Pro depending of course upon which one you have installed being ID'd as nongenuine).  The WGA offer does not include the option to purchase ONLY the Product Key and NOT the CD.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 7:29 PM
  • y got the product bye mail the order number is 131642203244 i recive the cd but not the key part number is b7p-00024 windows xppro genuine adv fr cd dir
    Friday, September 22, 2006 4:17 PM
  •  gaston labelle wrote:
    y got the product bye mail the order number is 131642203244 i recive the cd but not the key part number is b7p-00024 windows xppro genuine adv fr cd dir
    Friday, September 22, 2006 4:46 PM
  • Is the license transferrable?

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 10:36 AM
  • i am also looking to get a elctronic key for my illegitmate windowws xp copy how do i do this
    Monday, February 25, 2008 12:15 AM
  • Visit http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ and click on Validate Windows.  When validation fails, you'll see options on how to aquire a WGA Kit.

Monday, February 25, 2008 12:38 AM