What would be the right Topology RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I need to understand exactly what should be the topology that we will deploy.

We have a Voip system based on a Mitel 3300 Ip and Mitel 5212 IP Phones.

We want to deploy a MS OCS solution that will :

- answer incoming call and route them to the right person, base on user choice and user informations Stored in the Database and avalaible Reps.

- record voice message from callers

- Store call information in custom databases

- Alows reps to dial out to customer and Record the voice and call information to DB

- Allow reps to listen to their voice messages using the phones

- Allow customer to Buy product through the answering system

I look on documentation and I found the I may need :

- Mitel 3300 ip => Mitel Live Business Gateway => Mediation Server => MSOCS2007 / Speech Server

Can someone help me understant what will be required ?

Regards,

Sebastien B.

Friday, June 20, 2008 7:25 PM

All replies

•  

You will have to implement Dual Forking and Remote Call Control but that integration is the responsability of the IP PBX

So you probably need the Mitel Live Business Gateway connected to Mediation Server which forwards to OCS Cloud

For Voicemail the best solution is to use Exchange 2007 UM

You can call Exchange UM Voicemail system from phone

You can use Exchange as an Answering system like menu's but if you want custom answering system then Speech Server would be required aswel

OCS can store Call Detail Records in Archiving Database and Archive IM Messages

Voice cannot be recorded (maybe you can on the client)

Friday, June 20, 2008 10:34 PM
  • Thank you very much Deli for your help.

Yes as I understand the MItel LBG will enable me to manage availability and presence on  both sides.

Do I really need a mediation Server ? If I dont have one, whant cant I do ?

There is no way of recording a call ? well this will be a problem. I need to record all sales calls.

Seb.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:38 PM
  • The mediation server is what allows native OCS traffic to tranlsate to SIP-speaking IP-PBXs, without it no voice communication will flow.  Only 'advanced' PBX gateways which natively speak TCP/TLS can talk directly to an OCS Front-End server with the Mediation component installed.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 2:03 PM
  • Thanks Jeff,

is the Mitel 3300 one these Advanced pbx ?

cheers.

Sebastien 

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 2:22 PM
  • I am not famailr with that device, but from some quick research it doens't appear to be what MS defines as an 'advanced gateway', but you can find some details in this thread: http://forums.microsoft.com/unifiedcommunications/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2696259&SiteID=57

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 4:08 PM
  • At this time ther is NO Advanced gateway available

You can see the complete list of Gateways that are supported and their type Basic/Basic Hybrid or Advanced

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/bb735838.aspx#gateways1

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 4:34 PM
  • ok, so this might be why we would need a "Mitel Live Business Gateway"

which seems to be the gateway needed to have the Mitel 3300 talking to the OCS and vice versa.

This gateway also allows us to manage the avalability between the 2 sides.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 4:35 PM
  • The Gateway connect OCS to PBX

But the Gateway does not enable RCC and Dual Forking => You need PBX Software to do that!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 4:56 PM
  • from Mitel web site

" Using Live Business Gateway"

Presence and Availability
    Communicator 2007 users are able to see an indication of the status of other users on the network, including their telephony status. If a colleague is busy on a call, they can be "tagged," meaning that when the call is completed, a notification is provided to indicate their availability.

Extension of Mitel Applications
    The Live Business Gateway extends Mitel's rich telephony applications suite to the Office Communications Server 2007 users leveraging presence and availability from the Communicator 2007 interface.

Deli, the software on the Mitel 3300 in its 8.1 version allows me to do that no ?

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 6:11 PM
  • You should not forget this feature

Telephony Enablement
    Microsoft® Office Communicator 2007 users can use the call feature to initiate calls from their Mitel desk phone to any other internal or external telephone number. Incoming calls are flagged to the user via the Communicator 2007 pop up incoming call window, enabling the user to answer the call via their Mitel desktop phone or to forward the call to another destination or their voice mailbox at the click of a mouse.

I don't really know the Mitel PBX and Software so you should contact Mitel directly

But what it says is exactly what Dual Forking with Remote Call Control does so effectively integrating with OCS

So I guess they are being certified by Microsoft and will be on this list soon

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/bb735838.aspx#ippbx1

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:22 PM
  • Sounds Great,

now if wanna have wait queues and answering group, for example for the technical support departement,

can I manage it on the OCS side ? Because I wanna be able to manage call priorities in the queue depending on the support level the  customer are paying for.

cheers

Thursday, June 26, 2008 10:40 AM
  •  

OCS does not have any Queues or Contact Center like features

If you want this you currently need to integrate with 3rd parties

I Know that Nortel has one that integrates with OCS

Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:57 PM
  • Mitel has this feature, but the question is .. will I be able to sort the re-sort the calls .. or will it ony be FIFO.

I ll let you know what will be the answer from Mitel.

Seb.

Friday, June 27, 2008 6:30 PM
  • Great

Friday, June 27, 2008 11:01 PM