My Book not recognized as hard drive accessible by OneCare RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi, Stephen!  I had several successful backups with this Western digital USB drive using OneCare.  I updated my hub computer to Vista SP 1, and found that I no longer can access this drive.  It shows as a device that can be safely removed, but it lost it's label.  I tried uninstalling, removing, etc. and rebooting, but the results are the same.  It is there, but One Care can't see it. 

Monday, April 21, 2008 11:30 PM

Answers

• I went to admin tools and found it says the disk is not initialized.  Yesterday it was "blue".  I suppose after I rebooted, it changed.  So close! .....

Found it...up and running!  (Your suggestion to go to admin tools, etc. helped- I changed appearance to classic style and finished this).  Steve....you are a good friend.  Thanks!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 10:40 AM

All replies

• Hi there, Fryed. :-)

Can you access this drive from Windows Explorer?

Have you checked in Control Panel/Administrative Tools for the drive designation? Is it possible that you have mapped a network drive that overlaps with the assignment of the USB drive?

-steve

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:09 AM
  • I went to admin tools and found it says the disk is not initialized.  Yesterday it was "blue".  I suppose after I rebooted, it changed.  So close! .....

Found it...up and running!  (Your suggestion to go to admin tools, etc. helped- I changed appearance to classic style and finished this).  Steve....you are a good friend.  Thanks!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 10:40 AM
  • Glad to read you resolved the problem, Fryed. :-)

-steve

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 4:28 PM