Genuine Advantage Suddenly Indicates Problem RRS feed

• Question

• For the second time but on a different computer, WGA has suddenly indicated my Windows Home XP is not genuine, despite being preloaded on a Dell Insperion 1100 laptop and working for the past 6 years.  I try to validate with the key, but for some reason ActiveX will not download from the MS page.  When I attempt to reinstall XP, I get a message that the version on my computer is not the same and am afraid to proceed.  I'm sure I downloaded whatever available upgrades since 2004 when the computer (with software) was purchased.   Suggestions?
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Editor Monday, October 11, 2010 11:43 PM Moved to appropriate forum category (From:Office Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Office))
    Monday, October 11, 2010 11:18 PM

Answers

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a   non-genuine notification  issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the   Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool. 

Once you run the tool, click on the   Continue   button, then click on the  Copy  button and  Paste  the report into your post, along with your question. 

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    Monday, October 11, 2010 11:44 PM

All replies

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a   non-genuine notification  issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the   Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool. 

Once you run the tool, click on the   Continue   button, then click on the  Copy  button and  Paste  the report into your post, along with your question. 

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    Monday, October 11, 2010 11:44 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Friday, October 15, 2010 7:20 PM